DRAGON NEST UNIVERSE
The Goddess Altea, creator of the land of Lagendia, is poisoned by her evil sister Vestinel. The poison can only be cured using an antidote made using the source of the poison itself, Vestinel's magic grail, which has disappeared somewhere within Lagendia. The players as heroes of Lagendia must comb the land fighting evil dragons in order to find power stones that enable them to communicate with the sleeping goddess in order to find the grail, wake her and save the world.
Players train in a series of dungeons to level their characters and complete mandatory or optional quests. All training is done through these dungeons. There are 5 difficulties for every dungeon you go through; Easy, Normal, Hard, Master and Abyss (the most difficult). Only two are available initially, Easy and Normal. The rest must be unlocked by completing the dungeon on the hardest available difficulty.
- Easy - Available at the beginning. Very few enemies are on the field with low attack power and HP. Great for getting to know the dungeons before attempting harder difficulties, soloing or completing quests.
- Normal - Available at the beginning. Decent amount of enemies with average offensive and defensive capabilities. Complete this mode to unlock Hard mode.
- Hard - Available after Normal mode is completed. The most significant change in this mode is that some monsters emit colored auras that enhance their abilities making them more difficult to deal with. These auras buff surrounding enemies which can increase their attack or heal themselves over time. Bosses spawn with double the amount of health.
- Master- Available after Hard mode is completed - Monsters with auras make there appearance in this mode as well. Enemy count, attack power, defence and HP are greatly increased making them harder to take down. Recommended for full parties to tackle. Bosses spawn with triple the amount of health.
- Abyss - Only available at certain levels of the game. The most challenging difficulty setting, available when unlocked. Monsters are more powerful and spawn in great numbers. Mini bosses make their appearance in this mode, which have just as much health as bosses. Abyss runs are done mainly for rare items. Bosses spawn with quadruple the amount of health and depending on which one you fight, will spawn pairs requiring you to fight two at the same time.
Classes are gender locked.
Warrior (Male) - Standard frontal assault class and the only one that can dash. Specializes in melee combat, accompanied by a wide variety of offensive spells to maintain high damage and combo ability. They wield two-handed weapons and can use swords, hammers, and axes.
Archer (Female) - Ranged attack class. Specializes in long range damage and spells. Uses crossbow, short bow and long bow.
Sorceress (Female) - The typical mage class that uses magic to deal heavy damage. Has access to fire, ice, poison and force spells initially. Uses staffs as their weapons along with a book (standard kick), puppet (summons a demon that punches monsters) or an orb (360° degree short range attack) that provides a different alternate attack.
Cleric (Male) - A hybrid class that functions as a melee fighter, but has access to ranged magic attacks and defensive spells. Uses maces, flails or wands.